A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Inspired by the Melbourne Cup, known as "The Race That Stops The Nation", you control the action by racing your horse on to victory!
Use the Settings menu to choose your horse name.
Once you start your race you will see the letter 'F' appear on the left side of your horse and the letter 'J' on right side - tap the matching key to race your horse!
- Random horse name picker, or choose your own
- Endless Run mode
- Standard play: run to the finish line
This project began as a last minute sprint the weekend before Melbourne Cup in 2014 with the original game being made in just 4 hours!
Since then it has become a 'tradition' that a little before Melbourne Cup each year this game gets a burst of attention to add more features.
- Original prototype game
- Endless race
- Basic sound effects
- Initial game play mechanic
- Extended SFX and Music
- Start Menu and Settings menu
- Ability to rename your horse, or choose a random name
- Standard Race mode - you can reach a finish line!
- Instruction/splash screen (Android version)
- Game over leaderboard showing
- Finishing place rank
- Cleanup audio and mixer
- Converted from web game to support:
What will come next? Thinking about power ups, improved horse race mechanic and maybe multiplayer!
Let me know what you want, and I'll prioritise based on feedback!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.95 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.