A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Glory and honour await you in the Tactical Limit battle arena! Face your enemy and strike quickly, just as your opponents strive to crush you in fierce space combat!
Your mind is your greatest weapon: devise a strategy; plan your tactics and engage your adversaries!
Can you predict how your enemy will strike? Can you outwit your foes? Discover your true self in a battle for the ultimate supremacy.
NEW! The official Tactical Limit website is up, account sign up is coming soon.
- Single Player: YES! Train against a drone
- Multiplayer - Single Device: YES!
- Multiplayer - Local Network: Future
- Multiplayer - Internet: Future
The battle is played out on a grid with obstacles and is played with a succession of rounds. Each round consists of 3 phases. Unlike most turn based strategy games, players must perform their moves simultaneously.
Phase 1: Strategy
At the beginning of each round players are given a short opportunity to observe the play arena and think about the strategy they wish to use.
Phase 2: Tactical
After deciding on a strategy players have a limited time to enter up to 5 sequential commands they want their ship to follow including movement, attack and defence.
Phase 3: Engagement
The player's ship follows the tactical commands from the previous phase in an effort to defend themselves and destroy opponents.
Shields: Raise shields to defend against laser attacks. Shields last 4 turns (including the turn the shields are raised). If you raise shields in the last turn of a round, they will still be up for the remaining turns in the next round.
Lasers: Fire your lasers to destroy your opponent. If you fire your lasers while your shields are up, then your shields will drop to allow firing. You can not raise your shields again until the initial shield turns have passed.
Collisions: Any collision with an asteroid will destroy a player, regardless of shield state. Two players colliding will mutually destroy each other unless only one has their shields raised. In this case the player with their shields raised will survive.
Idle/Recharge: Remaining idle will allow your energy reserves to recharge. Shields will still consume energy, but the offset from the idle recharge will result in a lower rate of depletion.
- Single player mode! Practice against a drone
- New Battle Cam shows the action up close during the engagement phase
- Three levels of randomly generated arenas (low, medium and high density)
- Selection of pre-made battle arenas
- Limited power / power consumption
- Power recharge when idle
- Coloured highlight to help identify player
- Laser weapon
- Customise player name
- Simple game customisation (asteroid density)
- Two player keyboard controls (desktop version)
- Joystick/Gamepad controls (desktop version)
- Destructible obstacles
- More info in player HUD
- Selection of ships
- Improved player camera
- Obstacle destruction
- Multi-player: LAN
- Multi-player: Internet
- More game modes and ship commands for LAN and Internet games
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.49 USD. You will get access to the following files when they are released:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.